Wednesday, October 23, 2013

What Have I Been Up To?

Hey everyone!

Running all of these blogs has been a lot more than I thought, I've even totally neglected my school blog (sorry JWU!) but everything has been so busy and by the time I get home I just want to watch TV and go to bed.

Work wise has pretty much been the same but I will elaborate on some of the things I got to do in following posts. We do the same desserts everyday so there's really nothing new. I've realized how NOT to act in a kitchen and as a person based on some of the people I work with. People need to realize baking in the industry and baking at home is totally different. You aren't Suzy Homemaker baking 2 dozen cupcakes in your AC and taking a break while they bake. It's coming into a hot kitchen, walking around, working, lifting heavy things, and all that jazz. It's hard work and if you're not ready for that, why are you here?

And I've really gotten a taste on egos in the food industry. Fortunately for me at the Polynesian I never ran into issues and my job back home is perfect. But here, I've definitely learned how to leave your problems at the clock in counter but that's how it should always be, you should be able to come in and work with everyone whether you personally like them or not. It has been an experience for sure!

But overall? I'm still loving what I do. I love coming to work, I love the people I work with and what I get to do. It's been great!

No comments:

Post a Comment