Thursday, October 24, 2013

Days Off: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

I did my first program in the Spring of 2012. Was it nice? Absolutely. The Epcot Flower & Garden Festival is stunning and the weather is perfect. But the Fall program offers a lot more, like Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. This is a special ticket event, on select nights Magic Kingdom will close at 7 and from 7-12, those with their MNSSHP tickets will be allowed to stay in the parks for this exclusive party. For Cast Members, we usually have a discounted system for the September dates but unfortunately I was working and ended up going on October 3rd. Yes, this is something you will have to pay for. I ended up paying $66 but it was worth it. I am itching to go again but know that I have to save my money (for the Christmas party of course!) Here are some highlights from my night!

I ended up going solo which was nice because I was literally running around and I got to do everything I wanted to do. There's tons to do that is exclusive to the party so this isn't really your time to go ride rides and meet characters you can meet any old time. I didn't even do everything! I didn't hit up the 2 dance parties in Tomorrowland and Frontierland but that's ok. Your main priority is characters, parades/shows, and candy. Candy? Yes! You can go trick or treating! Hey, if I'm paying all this money, I want my candy! Go with a plan, I was already in line for Jack & Sally at 5 and they didn't come out til 7 and then I ran right over to the Dwarves, just keep the parades and fireworks time in mind and you'll get stuff done!

This post is picture heavy so hit read more to see all my pics! Here's a sneak peek though! Can you guess who I am?!
Jack and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas made their WDW debut at this year's MNSSHP, one of the best character interactions I've ever had!
 
 Dopey meeting Dopey! Fun fact, he's my favorite Disney character!
 MK gets spooky for the party!
 HalloWishes! not only goes on behind the castle but ALL around Main Street!
 You literally have to keep turning to see the finale, awesome!
 You get to meet rare characters, like Jafar!
 There is also a special Halloween parade. Your favorite characters come out in their costumes and it features some amazing floats such as Captain Jack Sparrow, Goofy's Candy Co. and my favorite, the Haunted Mansion!
 Dr. Facilier welcomes you to a Villain Mix & Mingle dance party! Check out the Castle!
 Halloween is the perfect time for Villains!
 They also come out for a few minutes after! I only had time for 2 before they went back in :(
 How often does one get to meet Tarzan and Terk!
 Walking around and seeing all the costumes was fantastic!


 Cinderella and Prince Charming
 Captain Jack Sparrow! We both agree that rum makes everything better ;)
 Sorry my photos are all out of order! I also got to meet the Evil Queen after the dance party, she wasn't too fond of my costume
 No wishes from Genie tonight! But I work in WDW so one of them came true already!
 The party hosts themselves!
 I've been photobombed!
 I think I'm going to use my upcoming cast discount for a free photopass download on this, what do you think?
 One of my most favorite cast interactions EVER! I got to see inside the satchel!
 Have you all seen Aurora's new dress? It's perfect isn't it!
 Dopey just had to visit Snow and the Prince!
 21 and I still organize my candy!

Overall? I had a really spooktacular time. I loved it so much I wish I could sneak back in somehow. I loved interacting with the characters and seeing all these special events. Yes it is an expense but if you come to the DCP for the fall program, MNSSHP is a must AT LEAST once in my book!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I wish I was here. Everything looks great here. I need to find one of the Chicago event venues like this so that even I can arrange a party like this for my friends and relatives. I can take ideas from here. I am an event planner and I would love to change the place into something fantastic like this.

    ReplyDelete