Thursday, October 24, 2013

Epcot Food & Wine: Taste Your Way Around the World..as a Guest!

While I do spend most of my time baking for the Food & Wine Festival, I also make it a point to enjoy it as a guest of course! It takes a bit of time (and quite a bit of money) to do but it's worth it. Everything I've eaten so far has been delicious and you get a pretty nice sized portion. You can easily hit up a few booths and keep it at $20.
I usually fit these in before work or on my days off. Since I'm not hitting up too many marketplaces in one day, my credit card is ok. But if you come with full intentions of hitting up as many as you can in 1 day (which people do believe me!) it's advised that you get a gift card and use that around the kiosks. You can even refill them at the register if you run out. Saves you from ordering a delicious meal and getting excited then finding out your bank is on the phone wanting to talk toyou!

The festival has been open for almost a month already and here are the dishes I have tried since the opening! Get a napkin ready, you might start drooling!
 Garlic Shrimp from Australia-delicious! I was getting as much meat out of the tail as I could!
 The Banoffee Tart we make for Scotland (the Whiskey Cream is my favorite!)
 The Dessert Trio we work so hard on!
 Gourmet Chocolates from Desserts & Champagne. Nah, we don't make these
 Chicken Pot stickers with Lychee soda from China. I wish there was more since it was $4
 Warm Pudding Cake with Bailey's Sauce that we make for Ireland
 Altmunster Oktoberfest with Apple Strudel from Germany, das good!
 California Roll and Teriyaki Chicken Hand Roll from Japan. Of course I used my chopsticks!
 Frozen S'mores from Desserts & Champagne
 Lemongrass Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice from Singapore, one of my favorite things so far!
 Craisin Bread Pudding with Grand Marnier Sauce that we make for Hops & Barley
 Vegetarian Chili Colorado with Cashew Cheese Sauce from Terra (the Vegetarian/Vegan marketplace) SO delicious that I am most definitely going back for another and want the recipe!
 Ravioli with Bolognese sauce from...Mexico? Italy of course! The portion on this is nice!
 Chocolate Cannolo from Italy (technically canolo is the singular for cannoli, fun Italian fact of the day!)
 Fried Shrimp with Dole Sweet and Sour Sauce from the Refreshment Port
 Black Pepper Shrimp with Szechuan Noodles from China, delicious and a great serving!
 My beloved Kerrygold! A trio of Irish Cheeses with Chutney. Kerrygold Dubliner is my favorite. I'm not a cheese person but I could eat a whole block by itself if calories did not exist!
Pavlova with fresh berries from Australia. We make the pastry cream that goes inside.

And there's still so much I haven't tasted! We still have quite a bit of time to go so my taste  buds better get ready! 

No comments:

Post a Comment