Thursday, August 8, 2013

Be Our Guest? Don't mind if I do!

One of the key components of the New Fantasyland expansion that opened in December 2012 was the long awaited for Be Our Guest Restaurant. Tucked away inside Beast's castle, you can dine in the grand ballroom, visit the forbidden West Wing, and stroll through a gallery of portraits of life in the castle with Belle and the Beast. While the reservations for dinner's table service have been filled for months in advance, quick service lunch is an option until 2:30. I paid a visit yesterday thinking maybe you can stroll around during lunch to take some pictures but in order to get in, you have to get past the ordering section. So what, I had to eat lunch there, did I have any complaints? Not at all!

This post is very picture and text heavy so continue reading by clicking read more!



You line up outside of the rocks leading up to the castle and are flanked by gargoyles and eventually the doors leading you inside. Above the door is the mosaic of the opening window scenes to the film.
 Gargoyles flanking the bridge
 The open gates
Waiting to go in!

Once you enter, you line up in a hall of knights. They have detailed suits of armor, boast colorful flags, and if you listen closely you can hear Lumiere and Cogsworth hiding inside! You can also continue to browse the menu on large screens.

 3 knights in shining armor line up either side of the hallway
 Be sure to listen for Lumiere and Cogsworth, they're hiding from you!
Disney, always paying attention to detail

From there you enter a foyer where you will place your order via touch screen (don't worry, Cast Members are still around to help!) and you receive what else but an enchanted rose! This rose holds the information of your purchase and when you place it on your table, your server will come wheel your food to you on a cart, very chic!
 The enchanted rose summons your food

Once inside, you can choose to dine in 3 different themed rooms of the castle. They each have their own atmosphere and charm and all are a great place to dine. No matter where you eat, you can walk around and take pictures of the rest of the castle. The Beast invites you to dine in:

The Rose Gallery (where I ate!)
 Figures of Belle and Beast dance to jewelery box style music from the film
 Large portraits line every wall
 Most of the seats are along the perimeter of the room with some in the center wrapping around the Belle and Beast figures
 Tales as old as time!


The West Wing (don't worry, Beast gives you permission to dine there!)
 The enchanted rose
 Beast's portrait
Looking into the West Wing

and last but not lease, The Ballroom!
It's so beautiful! 
 Attention to detail in the ceiling
 It snows!
Beautiful!

The Food
Of course the objective of this trip was also to try some of the food. Looking at both the lunch and dinner menu, lunch was more appealing to me. Off the dinner menu the only thing I would be open to as an entree would be their chicken dish or the ratatouille sans mushrooms. Lunch at Be Our Guest counts as a Quick Service since the servers only bring you your food. My meal came quickly after I sat my rose on the table and was delivered in a food cart, very French! For lunch I got:
Carved Turkey Sandwich for $10.99


Described on the menu as: served warm on a Baguette with Dijon Mayonnaise and Pommes Frites. I thoroughly enjoyed it and left with food still on the plate. What I did enjoy about the sandwich was that it was carved turkey, it was almost like making a sandwich at Thanksgiving. Because for $10.99 I would really hope the turkey wouldn't be deli sliced turkey I can get in  package on sale at Publix. The french fries were crispy on the outside but fluffy inside and seasoned well. My only change would be to add more greens but that's just a personal thing for me! By the end of the meal I found myself picking at the bread because it was delicious and I wanted to keep eating it but I was SO full. This would be a great place to grab an early lunch to tide you over until dinner!


Triple Chocolate Cupcake
 This chocolate sponge cake with a chocolate mousse filling and chocolate ganache is just what the chocolholic ordered. I wanted to cut it in half but the paper around it has a stuff bottom so it made the job hard. Instead I just dove right in and was soon enjoying chocolate upon chocolate upon chocolate. The cake itself is moist thanks to the mousse in the middle and is married with a thick yet creamy ganache frosting. I oftentimes think Disney puts too frosting on top of their cupcakes but this one was of a perfect ratio. The mousse is dotted with little chocolate balls on top, a chocolate square and a single raspberry that provides just a pop of color and a hint of sweetness. I saved room for this and definitely finished the whole thing!

Overall I had a wonderful experience at Be Our Guest. My mom and brother are coming in 2 weeks and my mom likes Bell so I plan on bringing them here to lunch then as well. I'm sure my brother will finish his meal and my sandwich! Lumiere asked to put their service to their test and I give it an A+!

 The mural upon exiting the restaurant
The outside to Be Our Guest

No comments:

Post a Comment