Sunday, July 21, 2013

Long Lost Friends Week

While I wasn't hacking up a lung from this terrible cold I've been dealing with, I still managed to find myself in a park or two! My main reason for getting myself out of bed was to head to Magic Kingdom for Long Lost Friends Week. This year Disney parks are doing something called Limited Time Magic. Different weeks will have a different theme, for example last week at Epcot Mickey and the gang did a 'street beat' where they played drums and had tap dancers do different dances and moves for the audience. This coming week we have Christmas in July where the Main Street Bakery will sell some of their Christmas cupcakes. Long Lost Friends Week involved the public voting for some characters that don't usually make regular appearances to come out. This is who decided to show up!
 Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, Sheriff of Nottingham, and Prince John from Disney's Robin Hood
 Dr. Facilier and Louis from one of my personal favorites, The Princess and the Frog
Brer Fox, Brer Bear, and Brer Rabbit from Song of the South (and Splash Mountain!)
Chicken Little and Abby Mallard from Chicken Little
Autograph cards from the characters

It was a great photo op, and a great chance for me to get sunburn! In my opinion it paled in comparison to Disneyland who got friends such as Esmeralda, Jane, Terk, Tarzan, John Smith, you name it there were there. I also spent that day getting some pins to add to my collection thanks to my handy dandy CM discount!
It keeps growing! I added the Mickey Wallet Pin (CE LE 500), Minnie Poster Art (on top, LE 2000) and the Walt Legacy of a Dream pin set. I also have a Monsters Inc. one for trade if you like!

I also paid a visit to Hollywood Studios to walk around (which turned out to be walking around in the pouring rain, not good for my cold) and to watch Fantasmic! That is always a must see show on any trip to WDW!

I've been back at work and tomorrow is my Friday. These past few days have been really great though. I've worked mostly with this one guy who has been there for a while and he really takes the time to make sure he explains everything. Granted, I am a senior in culinary school and have 2 industry experiences so some of the things are a bit basic but it just goes to show he wants to cover all the bases which is great for a trainer. I even got to finally mix something, woohoo! I'm so used to mixing at my job back home and scrapping 80 quarts of cheesecakes and mousse but since I'm brand new I think they are waiting until our head chef comes back on vacation which I definitely understand. I'm doing more and more things so there's more things that I'm familiar with than not which makes me more comfortable which helps my brain calm down. But all I have is this 1 day of work then it's 2 days off for me and hopefully I'm better by then! I hope to stalk the UK pavilion waiting for news of the royal baby!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I saw your picture of the Long Lost Friends Chicken Little character autograph card. I am trying to complete a set of these and that is the only one I am missing. Do you have an extra one? I would be willing to pay for it.
    Thank you,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete