Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Housing and Bingo!

When I woke up this morning I woke up for the first time in my new bed in my new apartment. I know you might hear from some people that the Disney beds are uncomfortable but I sleep like a baby! The day after your check in is usually pretty relaxed, you can do some shopping either after your check in or on day 2. Day 2 consists of a housing meeting in the Commons Clubhouse. They go over the do's and don'ts of living in Disney Apartments such as do have open communication with your roommates but don't bring in illegal substances, pretty basic stuff. They also highlight some of the housing events that you can experience during your stay such as Grocery Bingo, Pool Parties, field trips to surrounding areas, and everything you can think of!

Today I actually met up with one of my friends from school and my roommate and went to my first Grocery Bingo! This is a very popular housing event (the line snakes around the building!) because if you get bingo, you get free groceries! And we're not talking a box of cereal but a reusable bag filled with groceries and a laundry bag with some cleaning items! Today's theme centered around High School Musical, what team!?

The room fills up so get there early!

Did I win? Of course not.

The Bingo is run by Disney Events cast members and they keep it fun and themed. We had your standard classic and black out bingos but we even did H for High School Musical and T for Troy Bolton while HSM music played in the background. They will let you get up and stretch in between and throw out free goodies into the crowd like sun shields for your car, mouse pads, and ID cases. 
We had a lot of fun but because we didn't win, I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment