Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pomp & Pixie Dust

Recently, the Disney College Program held their graduation ceremonies for Spring 2014 interns and it made me reminiscent of how I was in their shoes exactly a year ago at this time.

For each session there is a graduation ceremony at Chatham Square. You get a bunch of freebies, I still have my Mickey wind chime, Snow White china box, and my DCP poster on display on my DCP shelf back home. There is free food, a DJ and of course you get your complimentary Mickey Graduation Ears and your certificate.

I had already gone through my high school graduation and I face my college graduation next year, but this graduation has to me my favorite because of what it stands for.

I worked long and hard for this and I was blessed with the opportunity to live with wonderful roommates, work in a wonderful kitchen with excellent cast members, while working for the company I have dreamed of working for because of the impact they have had on my life. Standing with Mickey and Minnie was more dignifying to me than standing with principals and Deans. Mickey and Minnie have been a part of my life since the day I was born, there was a Minnie "It's a Girl!" balloon when I was born, I got my first Mickey and Minnie dolls when I turned 1. and Now here I was, grown up and living out my dream with them. What more could I ask for?

I can't believe it has been a year since this moment and I am more than ready to head back down and start this journey all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment