Thursday, May 9, 2013

Patterson Court!

During my first program I lived in Patterson Court, room 6307 to be exact. That means I lived in building 6, on the 3rd floor in room 7. I really loved it, it felt so luxurious! I'm a small town girl from New Jersey who sees horses when I go for walks and lives for country falls and now I had a palm tree right outside my bedroom window, pretty surreal if you ask me!

I lived with 5 other girls, one of my roommates had to leave due to health issues about a month into my program so for a while it was just me and the 4 other girls. In your apartment you can live with people from all over the world doing different roles. I actually ended up living with 2 other culinary cast members who actually go to my school and I see them all the time which is really awesome. I had a roommate from Indiana who was a Great Movie Ride CM, one from Wisconsin who worked for Caribbean recreation and my roommate from Australia who did  Emporium merchandise and Coronado concierge.

So since we were a 6 person apartment we had 3 bedrooms. Each bedroom came with: 2 twin beds, 2 bed side tables, 1 mirror, and 1 dresser (3 drawers per roommate) Each room also had their own bathroom and large closet. Inside the closet are 2 lockers for you to store any valuables, you just need to supply your own lock. All you need to provide for your bedroom are your bed and shower linens.

*Tip* What a lot of people do is buy their linens when they get down there. You can buy a bed sheet set at WalMart and donate it to the Red Cross when you leave. It saves you room in your suitcase and you get to donate to those in need!*

I know it is a rather bad photo but this is what my little corner looked like. The room is actually really spacious, I shared it with my roommate from Australia who was great. You can't hang anything on your walls but you do get a cork board to fill up!

Aside from your personal room, the rest of the apartment is called common space. You have a kitchen, living room, eating area and patio.

The kitchen is stocked with enough cups and pans and plates and anything else you need to cook for the amount of roommates. For example, if a 2 bedroom apartment had 4 cups, a 4 bedroom would have 8, a 6 bedroom would have 12, etc. Included in the kitchen are:
Kitchen Appliances
  • Refrigerator w/ ice maker
  • Stove, oven, & microwave
  • Dishwasher

  • Assortment of pots & pans w/lids
  • Mixing bowl set
  • Measuring cups
  • Cutting board
  • Spatula
  • Can opener
  • Cutting knife
  • Ladle
  • Tea kettle
  • Serving spoons
  • Cookie sheets
  • Dinner plates
  • Salad plates
  • Cereal bowls
  • Drinking glasses
  • Coffee cups
  • Set of knives, spoons and forks 
  • Kitchen wastebasket
  • Recycling bin
 and if you're a culinary program cp like me you will have your knife kits too!
You obviously have to supply your own food. There are buses that take you to Publix (grocery store chain in Florida) and WalMart. Some other things you may find yourself needing: coffee maker, tin foil, cling wrap, and tupperware. You will also need to get dish washer detergent, sponges, towels/oven mitts, paper towels, napkins and sponges. When you first get to your apartment, see what you have and think about what you personally use at home and see if it is something you need to get!


There is also a dining area that will come with enough chairs for the roommates.
The living room in the open floor plan includes: a couch, chair, 2 end tables, desk table, and a coffee table.

The blanket was my roommate's so that obviously isn't included! Those couches are surprisingly comfortable after a long day of work or going to the park! You also get a jumbo cork board to hang up any calendars or memos. What did we hang up? A sombrero.

You also get a patio! You can look out and see all the palm trees and take your chairs out there. 

Other amenities that come with your apartment include:
  • All utilities, including water, electricity, waste disposal
  • High-speed Internet access in all apartments (additional information below)
  • Local phone service and one central phone
  • Centrally located laundry facilities
  • Maintenance of the apartments, including pest control
  • Onsite security
  • Cable television hook-up
  • Computer labs
  • Wireless Internet Lounge, Clubroom Thirteen501
  • Swimming pools
  • Weight rooms
  • Tennis, basketball and racquetball courts
  • Fully furnished apartment
  • Bedroom 
I think on this next program I will either try for Patterson or Chatham. I'm still debating about whether to live in a 21 and under or 21 and over apartment. I am 21 but Disney is so strict with alcohol I keep thinking of the pros and cons for both

Either way, you could give me a cardboard box to live in if it meant being back to work for Disney! Don't forget to leave questions in the comments and suggestions for future posts in my housing series!


No comments:

Post a Comment