Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Sunshine State?

So, a bit of an update. I'm in Florida! I arrived on Sunday after a really emotionally draining day. I had said goodbye to my aunt and uncle and my grandma on Saturday and it takes a lot for me to cry in front of people, and I was bawling. and then I had to say goodbye to my dog, UGH.

 and then I had to get in the car and pull away. We dropped off my brother, and HE cried.
and then there was saying goodbye to my parents. It was different this time. I'm used to staying away from home, I've done the whole leaving thing but there is something so finite about knowing that the next time you come home is only to visit for days to a week at a time, not for months. and I can't even describe the guilt and selfishness that I felt knowing that I was the one making everyone cry, that the only reason we were upset was because I was leaving, it was all my doing and it made me feel horrible.

But, I boarded the plane. I slept through most of it but I landed in Florida safe and sound. and what was it doing? Raining. No, not raining, pouring.

 So things have definitely not changed in that aspect. My plane was a little delayed and we had quite a bit of turbulence but other than that it wasn't too bad. This is an example of why I stress arriving the day before check in. Flying in in the morning and hoping to get there in time is just too much of a hassle in my opinion. And with Mears, it's a shuttle so on the route for all the guests in the van that night, I was the last to get dropped off. At least there's no rush!

I took Mears Transportation over to my hotel, the Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista on State Road. I've preached before about this hotel because it is literally right across the street from Vista Way which is where your check in will take place. I was able to put my things down and cross the street to get dinner (there is an Applebee's in the hotel though if you want!) And I basically just came back and lounged in my big king bed all to myself!
As you can see, Tangled was playing so I instantly felt better. And a Jessie/Dog with a Blog marathon was on after and I have to say, not too bad!

In the morning, make sure you allow for ample time to get across the street. Walking by yourself is different than walking with 2 suitcases, a carry on, and a laptop bag. Keep that in mind when you're packing too. A friend I was with had 3 bags with wheels and it was hard to get them over. My carry on was able to go on top of my suitcase and then I lugged along my others duffel bag like suitcase. We were a few minutes past our check in time of 8 but the line was actually quite long so we were alright. More on actual Check In day in the next post!

So if you need any accommodations before the day of your program check in, be sure to look into Mears Transportation from the airport if you're flying (you can reserve it online or even at the airport) and staying at the Holiday Inn Resort.



No comments:

Post a Comment