Tuesday, October 29, 2013

CM Open Mouse: The DVC Villas at the Grand Floridian

To continue the streak of a good week, Monday morning I woke up to attend the Open Mouse of the new Disney Vacation Club Villas at the Grand Floridian. This event was open only to CMs to get a preview of the new Villas that actually opened 10/23. We got a commemorative button, map and water to take us through the self guided tour. Straighten your bow tie gentleman and smooth out your dress ladies, we're about to head back to the Victorian Era! Let's begin shall we? Pictures and more after the jump!


We got to tour the Two Bedroom Lock Off and the piece d'resistance, the Grand Villa. I took tons and tons of photos of course but since it was a self guided tour at your leisure, I also tried to do a walking tour! Unfortunately it won't upload to blogger but feel free to contact me and I can try and share it with you! For now, here's a peek into the Villas!
The Lobby
 I REALLY loved this fountain! There is so much personality in each and every penguin. I take my tea with milk and two sugars please!
 Mimics 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian with their carousel house display
 Little bits of elegance thrown in
 Seating area
 Standing underneath the chandeliers is pretty neat!
 Flowers, for me? 
 
The villas themselves are designed to be elegant but still have touches of Disney to remind you that you are staying in the place where dreams come true. Inspiration comes from major Disney films that feature Victorian Era style or British influence such as Dumbo and Mary Poppins. I absolutely adored everything about the rooms, I took so many pictures because I want to capture the details and recreate them myself. Of course my mom was quick to point out what it would look like with shoes and clothes all over the place!
Two Bedroom Lock Off
We got to tour two versions of this, one on each side so each featuring a different view. That is the only difference though, all the details and layouts remain the same.
 All the mirrors actually have TVs in them! Do your makeup while watching the news? Ok!
 Even the Happiest Millionaire gets a nod!
 View #1, it was a beautiful day!
 Eating area looking out into the living area
 The pull out bed reveals either a mural of Mary Poppins (pictured) or Dumbo!
 Doesn't it look comfy! Main bedroom
 One of my favorite elements, I just LOVED the Mary Poppins stencil piece
 It just feels home-y!
 I spy a hidden Duffy!
View #2, the awning leading to the Villas 

The Grand Villa
 Loved the wallpaper in the foyer
 Who shall we invite for dinner?
 Living area
The view!
 LOVED the ceiling!
 So cool!
 Perfect pop of blue!
 The kitchen
 Hidden Mickey?
 Bedroom #1, Bedroom #2 features the same layout
 Media Room
 The Master gets a nice view too
 Can I dive in?
 Master view
 Master bath
 It's like a rainfall!
 Everyone kept commenting on the beautiful floors!
 What a beautiful day it was!
  It would be hard to yank me from this 

Isn't it just 'grand'! I thought so! DVC members definitely have something to look forward to!
 

5 comments:

  1. Former cast member here, Disney College Program Fall 2009. :) Came across your blog while looking for our babies.. the miniature carousel horses! I work now for the company that made those little guys. How fitting that they go back to Disney. Thanks for the tour of the Villas, I enjoyed seeing them! I think I shall take my old name tag and adhere it to my paint cart at the Carousel Shop to remind everybody.. 'Y'all may be Master Carousel Carvers and Painters and me a little ol' Apprentice painter but I got me my Mouse Ears~!" Better put some clear coat it though to protect it from paint splatters and wear..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! That is SO cool! They have miniature carousel horses throughout the Grand Floridian actually, I saw some in the restaurant 1900 Park Fare. They are really beautiful. I'd brag about being a CM, go for it!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really beautiful, felt like a place I would want to call home! Thanks for checking it out :)

      Delete
  3. Villas look very classy and their interiors are greatly matched.
    grandcasainfra

    ReplyDelete