Saturday, July 13, 2013

Magic Kingdom & Epcot

So with getting your blue ID card comes getting access to the parks!
Fun fact: Tangled is my favorite Disney film!
This post will have quite a few pictures in it so continue reading after the break!


While I was on my program last year the only way I could see New Fantasyland was from afar. Towards the end of my program we had access to the Barnstormer and half of Dumbo but that was it. I could see Beast's castle peek over the construction walls and bits and pieces of Eric's castle being put together.

Construction of New Fanstasyland over my Spring program last year
 Yesterday, however, I got to see it put together! I didn't see and do everything (but of course I plan to, duh!) but I did go on the new Little Mermaid ride and sit through Enchanted Tales with Belle. Both really great new attractions, take a look!
 Look at this stuff, isn't it neat?
 The grand finale!
 Madam Wardrobe was AWESOME! Her movements are so fluid and lifelike
And Lumiere is even better! I can't believe he's an animatronic, one of, if not the best animatronics Disney has ever done. And Belle's new dress is gorgeous in person!

Belle's cottage is beautiful and I love the little bits of detail thrown into it. I also loved the enchanted door that took you in to Enchanted Tales with Belle, wasn't expecting it! In the coming days I do hope to do some more NF exploring, especially checking out (and perhaps tasting a cupcake) Be Our Guest. I did ride some more rides like It's a Small World and The Haunted Mansion and got some delicious treats with my roommate:
White Chocolate Chip Cookie from Main Street Confectionery
And we checked out the new Tangled restroom area! A bit out of place in Liberty Square in my opinion but still adorable! 
 Rapunzel's tower
The restroom area
Part of the mural inside the bathroom
That night I also watched The Main Street Electrical Parade, Celebrate the Magic and Wishes! I watched these every chance I could get last year (except for CTM, during my program it was The Magic, The Memories, and You) and it felt so great to be along MS watching them again. I prefer TMTM&Y to CTM but it is still a really neat show!
 The song always makes me so happy :)
 I'm gonna wreck it!
Wishes, dream a dream. Wishes, set it free.

Once I left MK however, things got a bit frustrating. My phone died the second I walked out. I went to the Poly to catch the B bus back and 2 buses never came and we were all just sitting there. Finally, I walked through the door at 12:45 but I still had my Mickey apple so that made it a bit better!

Today, I went to Epcot, my future home! We had torrential downpours this morning, so bad that I actually stirred awake from them. They eventually passed and I went along to finally finish my grocery shopping. I always hate those initial grocery shops where the cupboards are bare and you have no spices or anything and next thing you know you're dropping like $100 on groceries. Bleh. But after that it was off to Epcot where I enjoyed a nice stroll around World's Showcase and ended with Illuminations. I even got to eat my favorite candy, Crunchies, in the UK pavilion, day made!

 My new home!
 Although I love Italy and the UK, the China Pavilion is probably one of the best designed ones
 They're counting down to the Royal baby! I already predicted July 5th so I'm out! I do predict a girl with the name Frances. If the baby is a boy I do like the name James!
 Did you know the aquarium in Epcot is one of the largest man made ocean environments in the world? Here you can see a sea turtle, like Crush! You can also see Mickey!
Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
The finale
It has been a long and magical 2 days and it only continues tomorrow. I have my Epcot Orientation called Discovery Day tomorrow at 8 AM so that should be a whole new world of experiences since I obviously have never done it! Check back tomorrow to read all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment