Monday, July 8, 2013

Hop to It!

Despite it being 1:30 in the morning and the fact that I will be getting up in 6 hours, I know that if I don't write this now it will never get written. Considering I'm exhausted I apologize if it's a bad post!

Although I am technically a cast member still due to my campus rep status, I am without an ID so therefore my access to Disney was anything outside the parks. That didn't stop me! The Holiday Inn has complimentary bus shuttles to Disney Parks so I used that at about 12 to get to Epcot and then take a bus from there to wherever I wanted to go. For those who don't already know, Epcot is where I will be working!

So close yet so far!
From here I took a bus to the new Art of Animation resort. It was in construction on my last program and I just missed its opening. This was my first look at it and I am in love! It is definitely in your face Disney themed so it is made for us disnerds. There are 4 themed areas: Finding Nemo, Cars, The Little Mermaid and The Lion King. I personally think Finding Nemo takes the cake but here, take a look for yourself! The figures are HUGE!
 The lobby is filled with various concept sketches and paintings!
 Squirt comes into play at the Righteous Reef Playground
 Cars is Radiator Springs themed with the Cozy Cones acting as cabanas for the pool
 The tri, Mufasa, Rafiki, Scar and his heyenas and Zazu can all be seen in The Lion King area!
 Ariel looking out over her pool
The outside of the resort gives you a taste of what to expect behind its doors

Afterwards I took a bus to DTD to do some strolling. I walked around the shops, did some pin trading (yep, I'm one of those!) and ate at Cookes of Dublin (fish n chips is my favorite comfort food) and killed some time taking pictures

 Don't worry, I added plenty of tartar sauce!

Purchased the new LE 1000 Cinderella Good Luck/Bad Luck Pin. Pictured is Good Luck and she slides to reveal Bad Luck which is "You Lost One!"

 Purchased American Mickey to commemorate being there for Independence Week. Traded for Orange Bird and the Cinderella shoe. More posts on pin trading to come!

Now after that I headed to monorail resorts. I was in desperate need of some phone charging so I took over an outlet at the Contemporary Resort, perfect time to play some Candy Crush. Once that was done I walked around, took some more pictures and eyed some more pins that I want. I then took the monorail over to the Grand Floridian and strolled around there. The band was out playing Disney music on instruments and I even got to catch the pianist playing on the grand piano in the lobby. I paid a visit to the Wedding Pavilion and even though I don't want a Disney Wedding (surprise!) it certainly does get the wheels churning!

 Some Mary Blair work in the Contemporary
 The band playing at the Grand Floridian
 Where you would get your wedding photo taken at the Wedding Pavilion
The Disney Wedding Pavilion off the Grand Floridian 

Finally, I ended my night at my beloved Polynesian. The last time I was here was my last night of work, this was where I interned last year baking for the resort. It felt so great to be back and hearing the familiar music and the sounds of the water on the inside. I strolled taking in my familiar sights and sounds, grabbed a cupcake from Captain Cooks and ended it on the beach. From the Poly beach you can watch the fireworks and they play the music alongside it. Tonight was the last night for the Celebrate America fireworks and they were truly beautiful, gave me goosebumps!
 The middle of the Great Ceremonial House, where I used to work!
 Mickey Cupcake from Captain Cooks, we didn't make this when I was there!
Fireworks finale from the Poly beach!

And then I...kidding! After a long day I finally went to catch my resort's bus at 10:45. I walked back to the TTC, just like I used to do after a long day at work. After 1 day and not even being in the parks I still ended up taking about 130 pictures. But I take pictures of everything! Like Disney says, taking pictures is making memories! Now that it's already past 2 am, really time for me to go to bed! Waking up at 7:30 to shower and get ready and then crossing the street to Vista to check in at 9! Tomorrow is the day where I really get back in!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment