Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Check In Countdown, 60's!

We have officially reached the 60s in my countdown to my second Disney Culinary/College Program!

I was accepted again this March (March 11th to be exact, not that I've been keeping track or anything...) and wake up in Florida on July 8th to head on over to Vista Way to star the check in process all over again!

I remember my first check in my dad had flown down with me and we stayed at the Holiday Inn across from Vista the night before. We ate at the Applebee's in the hotel and my dad just kept saying "You did good" or "This is a big step for you Meg" and trying to give me all these little pep talks but I don't even think I life coach could have untangled the knots in my stomach. We walked over to take a sneak peek into the Vista Way complex and I kept looking at everyone and telling myself that that's going to be me soon, no, that's going to be me tomorrow. We woke up bright and early the next morning and I hardly touched my food. This was it, it was happening. In a few hours I would find out where I would be living and who with, I would officially get my location, I would have to say goodbye to my dad, I was starting today.

Check In is a rather busy day for any CP. If you're checking in with the regular College Program you can be grouped with 500+ interns, and you thought the line for Toy Story Mania was long! For the Culinary Program however we had about 64 interns from various culinary schools like our 4 JWU campuses, the CIA, Art Institutes, Le Cordon Bleu, all here with our knife kits ready to work for the Mouse.

Your first step of Check In is to turn in your on boarding paperwork (you know how they say you should do it ahead of time? do it) and you get your Program Guide that basically becomes your bible filled with every contact, every in and every out of the program. and my personal favorite, quotes form Walt Disney :) Then you move on to get your housing assignment, I will have a whole post-several actually-on that area in the future, don't worry! You get the bus schedule, your photo ID and your time to head over to the Casting Offices. I don't want my posts to bee super wordy since I tend to go off on my own tangents so I will explain all about the Casting Offices and what to expect in a new post shortly!

What I love about Blogger is it keeps all my labels in one place. On my other blog you have to dig and dig and I often end up answering the same questions multiple times because my answers always get hidden. But here you can see everything all in one place. If it relates to check in or housing they will have designated tags so that way you can read any posts relating to that in one click. I hope it makes it easier for you and you find it useful!

Don't forget to leave comments! You can ask questions and I will address them as a post so I can tag the appropriate tags and even have a Q&A tag. This blog is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment